Clack Filter-Ag Plus is a unique performance enhancement media with a high percentage of natural clinoptilolite content to remove sediment from water.
A 14x30 mesh filter media has a particle shape factor of 1.8 and a hardness level of 5.0 on the Mohs scale, making it the perfect choice for removing sediment from water systems with its large surface area and a microporous structure, creating a high number of sites across which contaminants can be effectively removed.
Deep bed filtration results in superior water quality and reduces the load on downstream equipment. Filter-Ag Plus can significantly reduce backwash water and the time the system is out of service. In addition to efficiency, the unique physical structure of this product allows for significant cost savings through compact design techniques.
Filter-Ag Plus is an all-natural, environmentally safe product.
- Dry Bulk Density: 50 lbs/cu.ft
- Specific Gravity: 2.2 g/cc
- Mesh Size: 14x30
- Effective Size: 0.55mm
- Uniformity Coefficient: 1.8
- Hardness: 4-5 (Mohs Scale)
- Higher solids loading capability
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
- Water pH: Wide Range
- Max. Water Temp: 140˚F/60˚C
- Bed Depth: 24”-48” (36” for Optimal Filtration)
- Freeboard: 50% of Bed Depth
- Backwash Flow Rate: 14-18 GPM/ sq.ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 30-40% of Bed Depth
- Service Flow Rate: 12-20 GPM/sq.ft.
- Influent Water Quality and Effluent Requirements May Affect Operating Parameters
- A Gravel Support Bed is Required
- Allow Bed to Saturate Before Initial Backwash