The Centaur 12 x 40 is a liquid-phase virgin activated carbon manufactured to develop catalytic functionality. The product is unique in that it concentrates reactants via adsorption and then promotes their reaction on the surface of the pores. Centaur 12 x 40 is produced from bituminous coal using a patented process.
- Catalytic activity allows for smaller, more compact system sizing
- Improved trace organic capacity per unit volume
- High hardness reduces fines and losses due to handling
- Works with low oxidant levels and limits the need for chemicals
- Reduces chloramines, hydrogen sulfides, VOCs, chlorine taste and odor
- Certified to ANSI/NSF Standard 61