Periodic backwashing prevents packing, reclassifies the bed, and maintains high service rates. Depending on pH, water chemistry, and service flow, the Calcite bed must be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted. As the Calcite's calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase hardness, and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing filter.
- Utilized to raise the acidic pH of water.
- Packaged inside a heavy-duty shipping box.
- Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media made from white marble.
- One of the advantages of Calcite is its self-limiting property.
- When properly applied, it corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium.
- It does not overcorrect under normal conditions.
- Upon contact with Calcite, acidic waters slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate to raise the pH, reducing the potential leaching of copper, lead, and other metals in typical plumbing systems.
- Naturally occurring material from White Marble
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction