Calcite is a crushed and screened white marble media that can inexpensively neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive effluent. Calcite is a naturally occurring calcium carbonate media. Its self-limiting property makes it an ideal candidate for reducing the potential leaching of copper, lead, and other metals in typical plumbing systems.
- Naturally occurring material
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Slower reacting for controlled pH correction
- NSF Certified
Conditions for Operation:
- Gravel support bed (recommended)
- Water pH range: 5.0-7.0
- Bed depth: 24-30 in.
- Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
- Backwash rate: 8-12 gpm/sq. ft.
- Backwash Bed Expansion: 35% of bed depth
- Service flow rate: 3-6 gpm/sq. ft. but may be modified to adapt to local conditions